Well Baltiblogs is down, so I'm posting here, at least temporarily.
Welcome to Musical Monday #109. You know the drill: Every week, Elie alternate hosing ... players are invited to guess the songs, figure out the them but no "Googling." This week the theme is what the songs in each group have to do with the first one in the group. Later today check out Musical Monday #108 for results from last week!
Actually I'll allow Googling for one thing here. This is a variation on an earlier Musical Monday. So once you figure out the theme, if you want to find the earlier one for extra credit, you may search for that. (Hint: it's more than two years old.)
So with no further ado, here's Musical Monday #109. (I hope to update this tonight, so hold off on the bonuses until Thursday.)
1) There's a voice in my head that drives my heel
2) People all around but I don't hear a sound, just the lonely beating of my heart
3) Workin on a mystery, goin wherever it leads
4) Wishin' you were here by me, To end this misery
5) Elegance in eloquence - for sale or rent or hire
6) She's just a substitute, you're the permanent one
7) I'm so wired-up, dDon't need no coffee in my cup
8) Well, look-a there, look-a there, look-a there, look-a there, ooh wee!
9) These two lanes will take us anywhere
10) Maybe tomorrow, a new romance, no more sorrow
11) I bet you're singing proud, oh, I bet you'll pull a crowd
12) Don't punish me with brutality
13) My pillows never dry off
14) There's a spotlight waiting
15) Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me.
16) But I'm gonna show you, baby, that a woman can be tough.
17) Watching the ships roll in
18) No time to wallow in the mire
19) Sat a girl named Doris
20) And it shows them pearly white
21) Who's gonna play the Opry?
22) And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when,
23) A place where even squares can have a ball
24) I gotta go now gotta try to find a way to lose these memories of a love so warm and true
25) Slander my name all over the place
26) Well, I used to pull your pigtails
27) I chew my nails and I twiddle my thumbs
28) I stood alone in the cold gray dawn
29) ... rhythmic blues
30) All your hugs and kisses and your money too
31) You shouldve heard those knocked out jailbirds sing.
32) You've gone to the finest school all right, Miss Lonely
33) You're such a lovely audience,
34) And I howled at my ma in the driving rain,
35) Round the squares huddled in storms
36) I pulled my mouth harp, out of my dirty red bandana
37) I heard he sang a good song
38) The spinning don't stop when you leave the cradle
39) Lady take me, high upon a hillside
40) One more time for all the old times
PART II (updated 09/09/09
41) Play me a country song
42) I see a red door
43) Oh she left me without mercy
44) Focusing on nowhere, investigating miles
45) Before they're forever banned?
46) They had to count them all
47) I try to contemplate the cosmos
48) Does your memory stray to a bright sunny day
49) I wanna be famous, a star of the screen
50) No sweeping exits or offstage lines
51) Mugwumps, high jumps
52) I'll meet you tomorrow, sort of late at night
53) magic swirling ship
54) My daily dose of destiny, under my sign
55) I hollered, "I don't need you," ah but honey, that's a lie
56) She said I've got a 40-gallon stetson hat
57) little umbrella-shaded margaritas
58) All of those tourists covered with oil
59) I rather drive a truck
60) Pushing barriers, planting seeds,
61) I met a Mr. Grief - and he said
62) And in the cracks along the sidewalk nothing grows no more
63) Above us only sky
64) "Well, I made the big-time at last"
65) Someone to love, somebody new.
66) He's been writin' songs speakin' out against wealth and privilege
67) Oh, Mama, can this really be the end
68) And the white line's getting longer and the saddle's getting cold
69) You'd be better off to try and rope the wind,